Presentations & Workshops
If you have attended a talk provided by one of the psychologists at Chorney & Associates, please find the PowerPoint slides for the talk below.
Dr. Chorney frequently presents to parents in the community locally (these talks are typically free of charge). Other talks are given at professional development days for school staff, or half/full day workshops to other treatment professionals. Currently the following talks/presentations/workshops are available:
- Child/Teen/Adult Anxiety - assessment, types of anxiety disorders, and treatment(s) available
- School Refusal - helping school staff/administrators understand why school refusal occurs and how to help
- Child/Adult Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - diagnosis and treatment (exposure with response prevention)
- Selective Mutism - recognition/assessment and helping schools create a treatment plan for helping
- Blood/Injection/Injury Phobia (“needle phobia”) - creating a graduated hierarchy and overcoming avoidance
- Stress Management (especially for adults, teachers/staff, and administrators of the International Baccalaureate program)
Talks on other topics may be possible, and traveling to locations outside of Halifax is typically not a problem. If you would like to know more about setting up a presentation or workshop with Dr. Chorney or any of the psychologists at our practice, please contact Dr. Chorney directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (902) 444-1160.
Please note these slides posted solely for personal use by those who have attended a presentation by Dr. Chorney. Any copying of content, presenting or other use of the slides, or alteration of the slides for any other personal or professional use is prohibited without the consent of Dr. Chorney.